Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 119, 2021
Footpath 141, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any users from travelling along Footpath 141 at the railway crossing adjacent to Porter Close and Hedley Avenue
2) The purpose of the Order is for reasons of safety whilst essential maintenance works are undertaken to the railway crossing.
3) The alternative route will direct users from the start of the closure at Porter Close via the independent footpath between Porter Close and Manor Road, located approximately 100m north of the railway crossing leading to Manor Road in a westward direction:
- follow along Manor Road turning in a northward direction to the junction of London Road
- continue in a westward direction along London Road to the junction of Stoneness Road
- travel in a southward direction along Stoneness Road to the junction of Hedley Avenue
- turn east along Hedley Avenue
- access Footpath 141 to continue south along St Clements Road to the intersection of Footpath 140 at the shoreline
This diversion measures approximately 880m long and will be in place for the duration of the works.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 28 August 2021 at 11pm until Monday 4 October 2021 at 4am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.