Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 107, 2019
Footpath 146, Two Forts Way, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any persons from travelling along Footpath 146 from the Water Tower at Coalhouse Fort for a distance of approximately 340m westwards.
2) The purpose of the Order is for safety reasons due to the high tide and the erosion of the embankment.
3) There is no alternative route.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 21 October 2019 at 8am until Tuesday 21 April 2019 at 8am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) The Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until any works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.