Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 005, 2020
Footpath 193, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit the use of Footpath 193 for approx. 45m from the point where the footway goes down to Fort Road.
2) The purpose of the Order is for the Environment Agency to carry out ground investigatory works to the flood defence at Tilbury Fort frontage.
3) The alternative route for pedestrians will be using the adjacent Footway down to Fort Road following the footway round and back up to Footpath 193.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 17 February 2020 at 8am until Thursday 30 April 2020 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.