Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads, cycleways and footpaths
Order number: 030, 2019
Footpath 81, Horndon on the Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order to the effect of which is to:
Prohibit pedestrians and cyclists and from travelling along Footpath 81 between Orsett Road and the A13.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable the Thurrock Council A13 Road Widening Project, to carry out resurfacing works on sections of the footpath. All prohibitions during the course of the works will only be implemented if there is an operational need to do so and will be signed accordingly.
3) The alternative route travelling south would be to use Footpath 84 and then Footpath 12 and vice versa for travelling north.
4) The Order will come into force from Monday 18 March 2019 08:00hrs until Friday 17 May 2019 at 17:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.