Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 005, 2022
Giffords Cross Road, Lampits Hill and Laburnum Drive, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
i) prohibit any vehicle egressing onto Giffords Cross Road from Laburnum Drive
ii) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Giffords Cross Road in both directions from its junction with Lampits Hill for a distance of approximately 170m in a south-westerly direction
iii) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lampits Hill for a distance of approximately 30m in either direction of its junction with Giffords Cross Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative routes are as follows:
i) for vehicles exiting Laburnum Drive onto Giffords Cross will be Laburnum Drive, Giffords Cross Avenue
ii) for vehicles wishing to travel northbound, the diversion will be Springhouse Road and Southend Road and vice versa – for vehicles wishing to travel southbound, the diversion will be Springhouse Road leading to The Manorway, The Manorway eastbound, Rookery Hill and Church Road
iii) for vehicles on Lampits Hill south of its junction with Giffords Cross Road the diversion will be Church Road, Rookery Hill, left onto The Manorway, around The Manorway roundabout, Manorway westbound, Corringham Road roundabout, continuing westbound on The Manorway, Manorway Interchange, A13 eastbound, Five bells Interchange, Southend Road B1420 – for vehicles north of Giffords Cross Road junction the diversion will be Southend Road, Five Bells Interchange, A13 westbound, Manorway Interchange, The Manorway, Rookery Hill and Church Road
Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 17 February 2022 at 9:30am. The closure will be in force daily between the hours of 9:30am and 3:30pm until Friday 18 February 2022 at 3:30pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.