Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 021, 2020
Gordon Road, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following notice:
- prohibition of vehicular traffic in Gordon Road, Corringham, from its junction with Berwood Road to outside number 20.
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out emergency repairs to the carriageway.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is northwest on Springhouse Road and Gordon Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles.
5) The notice will be in force for 21 days from 2pm on Wednesday 18 March 2020, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by Friday 20 March 2020.