Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 05, 2018
Gowers Lane, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Gowers Lane, Chadwell St Mary between the junctions of Heath Road and Hornsby Lane, Chadwell St Mary.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable gas main replacement works to be undertaken.
3) The alternative route for vehicles is via Hornsby Lane; Heath Road and vice versa. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 22 January 2018 at 00:01hrs until Friday 2 February 2018 at 23:59hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.