Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 063, 2020
Gowers Lane, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- to prohibit vehicles travelling along Gowers Lane, in both directions, from its junction with Hornsby Lane for approximately 75m
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out emergency repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Hornsby Lane and Heath Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses and residents at all times.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 2 June 2020, it is expected that these works will be complete by Thursday 4 June 2020, however this notice will remain in force for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.