Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 202, 2022
The Green and High Street, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along High Street between its junctions with King Street and The Green
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling northeast along The Green from its junction with Church Hill around The Cenotaph for approximately 43m
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time in the bays outside 1 to 27 and 28 to 38 High Street and outside numbers 3 to 7 The Green
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Southend Road northbound, A1014 The Manorway Southend Road Link Eastbound, The Manorway eastbound, Corringham Road A1014 Roundabout, Corringham Road southwest bound and The Green. Access will be maintained for businesses and residents. Access to and from Fetherstone road will be via Corringham Road and access to and from Central Road will be via Fetherstone Road and Corringham Road. High Street will be Access Only from Southend Road so diversion will need to be followed to get to Corringham Road or King Street.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 15 January and Sunday 22 January 2023 between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.