Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 088, 2022
High Road, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along the eastbound carriageway, including the bus lane, from outside number 6 for a distance of approximately 88m in an easterly direction
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the westbound carriageway through the width restriction between Cuckoo Lane and Marian Close
- temporarily revoke the bus lane only restriction on the westbound carriageway between Cuckoo Lane and Marian Close
- prohibit parking At All Times in the lay-by on the southern kerb line of High Road opposite number 4
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to replace the Gas Mains and maintain two-way traffic under two-way lights.
3) In this order the lay-by is approximately 66m west of its junction of Cuckoo Lane and is approximately 35m in length in a westerly direction.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 20 June 2022 at 8am and remain in force continuously until Monday 4 July 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.