Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 182, 2023
High Road, Orsett
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along High Road between its junctions with Fen Lane and Pound Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is B188 High Road westbound, B188 Baker Street, A1013 Stanford Road eastbound, and Rectory Road northbound and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 16 October 2023 at 10am and will be in force for one day until 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.