Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 221, 2022
Highfield Gardens, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Highfield Gardens at its junction with Jesmond Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be Jesmond Road, Laird Avenue, Blackshots Lane and back into Highfield Gardens vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 20 December 2022 at 3pm. The notice will be valid for 21 days but is expected to be completed by Friday 30 December 2022 at 11:45pm. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.