Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 027, 2023
Hogg Lane, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling southbound along Hogg Lane between Hogg Lane Roundabout and London Road
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left out of Argyll Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be Hogg Lane North, Elizabeth Road, Treacle mine roundabout, Lodge Lane, Southend Road, Palmers Avenue, Orsett Road, and London Road. Access will be maintained for residents.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Thursday 19 January 2023 at 10am. The notice will be valid for 21 days but is expected to be completed by Friday 27 January 2023. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.