Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 004, 2023
Ireton Place and Russel Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Russel Road and Ireton Place in accordance with Schedule One to the Order
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out replacement of the gas mains.
3) The alternative routes are shown in Schedule One. Access will be maintained for residents within Russel Road and Ireton Place with staff on site during working hours providing access and the use of road plates out of hours.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 30 January 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 24 February 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Russel Road between its junctions with Hathaway Road and Wallace Road.||For westbound vehicles the diversion will be Hathaway Road northbound, Ward Avenue westbound and Wallace Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles.||30 January 2023 to 12 February 2023.|
|Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Ireton Place in its entirety.||Access will be maintained for residents.||30 January 2023 to 12 February 2023.|
|Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Russel Road between its junctions with Hathaway Road and Dell Road.||For eastbound vehicles the diversion will be Hathaway Road southbound, Hampden Road eastbound and Dell Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles.||13 February 2023 to 24 February 2023.|