Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Order number: 076 2019
Lansdowne Road, Tilbury – Orsett Road, Grays – King Edward Drive, Grays – King Street, Stanford-le-Hope
Temporary Prohibition of Traffic
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Temporarily close various lengths of road in Thurrock as per schedule 1 to the Order.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing works. All prohibitions as per schedule 1 will apply in stages during the course of the works and will be signed on site accordingly.
3) The alternative routes are in accordance with Schedule 1 to the Order.
4) The Order will come into force at various times starting from 1 August 2019. Exact dates will be specified on http://roadworks.org. All works are currently scheduled to take place throughout the month of August and September 2019. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. Diversion routes will be signed at each location and residents will be informed of the dates of each phase via letter / leaflet drop and advanced warning signs on the road. The roads will be closed to facilitate each phase and then re-opened to the public.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the times stated on the schedule to the Order, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner. Any changes to dates will be available on http://roadworks.org.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Road||Description||Alternative Route||Expected Dates|
|Lansdowne Road, Tilbury||From its junction with Toronto Road to its junction with Calcutta Road||Toronto Road, Calcutta Road||5 August and 6 August 2019|
|Orsett Road, Grays||From its junction with A1013,A126 Orsett Road to its junction with Palmers Avenue for a distance of approximately 163 metres||Orsett Road, Hathaway Road, Lodge Lane, Southend Road, Palmers Avenue||11 August 2019|
|King Edward Drive, Grays||From its junction with B149 Wood View to its junction with Grangewood Avenue for a distance of approximately 237 metres.||Wood View, Chadwell Road, Link Road from Chadwell Road to Woodview, Marshfoot Road spur to Wood View, Deneholes roundabout, Stanford Road, Orsett Cock roundabout, Stanford Road, King Edward Drive||5 August to 7 August 2019|
|King Street, Stanford-le-Hope||From its junction with High Street to its junction with Southend Road for a distance of approximately 165metres.||High Street, The Green, Church Hill, London Road, Stanford Road, Stanford Bypass Interchange, exit off slip A13 westbound to Stanford Interchange, The Manorway, The Manorway Southend Road link eastbound, Southend Road||1 September 2019|