Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 090, 2022
London Road and Arterial Road, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling northwest along the A1306 Arterial Road between its junctions with Botany Way and Tank Hill Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling northwest along A1306 Arterial Road between its junctions with New Tank Hill Road and Wennington interchange
- prohibit any vehicle exiting New Tank Hill Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northeast bound vehicles is Botany Way Roundabout, Arterial Road eastbound, Junction 31 M25(N)/A13, A13 Westbound, exit slip towards West Thurrock/Purfleet-on-Thames/Wennington. The alternative route for those wishing to get to New Tank Hill Road will be Purfleet Bypass, Stonehouse Lane roundabout, and then London Road and vice versa for those wishing to exit New Tank Hill Road. Vehicle access to Juliet Way will be restricted during the closure.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 27 June 2022 at 10pm. The order will be in force nightly between the hours of 10pm and 5am until Thursday 30 June 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.