Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 036, 2020
London Road, Purfleet
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling westbound along London Road between its junctions with Botany Way and Harrisons Wharf
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to disconnect services and reinstate the carriageway.
3) The alternative route is Purfleet Bypass, Arterial Road, New Tank Hill Road and Tank Hill Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 18 May 2020 at 8am until Sunday 31 May at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. Access will be maintained for businesses and residents at all times.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.