Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
London Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along London Road in both directions from its junction with Botany Way for a distance of approximately 75m in a westerly direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carryout urgent works to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Stonehouse Corner Roundabout, Purfleet Bypass, Arterial Road and New Tank Hill Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force on immediately on Thursday 20 January 2022 at 10:30am and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Friday 28 January 2022 at 5pm. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.