Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 043, 2020
London Road, South Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit parking at any time in the layby outside 446 to 452 London Road, South Stifford
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out gas mains replacement.
3) There is no alternative route.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 18 May 2020 from 8am and will apply at all times until the work has been completed which is estimated to be four weeks. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.