Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 095, 2022
London Road, South Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit parking at any time in the lay-by between its junction with East Street and Charlton Street between numbers 401 and 405
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out replacement of their apparatus in the footway.
3) In this Order the lay-by between East Street and Charlton Street is defined as the lay-by approximately 47m west of its junction with East Street for a distance of approximately 57m in a westerly direction.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 18 July 2022 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Wednesday 27 July 2022 at 11pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.