Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 050, 2020
London Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit traffic from travelling along London Road, Stanford-le-Hope, between its junctions with Victoria Road and King Street
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out emergency repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be King Street, Southend Road, The Manorway Southend Road Link Westbound, The Manorway, Manorway Interchange, Stanford Road (A1013), London Road and for eastbound vehicles will be Stanford Road, (A1013), Manorway Interchange, The Manorway, The Manorway Slip, Dunstable Roundabout, Southend Road, King Street and High Street.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 9am on Thursday 14 May 2020, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by Friday 22 May 2020.