Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 218, 2022
London Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling across London Road Level Crossing from a point 20m either side
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out a maintenance to their level crossing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is London Road, Stanford Road (A1013), Manorway Interchange, The Manorway (A1014), off slip to Dunstable Roundabout, Dunstable Roundabout, Southend Road southbound, King Street, High Street, The Green and Church Hill, and for westbound vehicles the alternative route will be King Street, Southend Road, westbound slip to the Manorway, The Manorway (A1014), Manorway Interchange, Stanford Road (A1013) and London Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 5 February 2023 at 7am and will be in force for one day until 3pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.