Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 30, 2018
Long Lane, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Long Lane, between the junctions of Connaught Avenue and Blackshots Lane, Grays.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route will be via Connaught Avenue, Lodge Lane, Blackshots Lane and vice versa. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force between 09:00hrs and 16:00hrs on Wednesday 4 April 2018 until Friday 6 April 2018. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.