Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 082, 2019
Low Street Level Crossing, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Low Street Level Crossing, East Tilbury.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out maintenance to their level crossing.
3) The alternative route for vehicles is Church Road, Blue Anchor Lane, Muckingford Road, Princess Margaret Road, Station Road and vice versa.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 4 August 2019 at 00:30hrs until Monday 5 August 2019 at 04:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.