Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 066, 2019
Maidstone Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Maidstone Road from its junction with London Road to the entrance of Morrisons' Car Park.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing to be carried out by Thurrock Council.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Eastern Way, Hogg Lane Roundabout, London Road, Orsett Road and Stanley Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times. Buses will be escorted through the site.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 18 June 2019 until Thursday 20 June 2019 between the hours of 21:00 and 05:00. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.