Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 037, 2022
The Manorway, Coryton
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle using the lay-bys on the eastbound carriageway on The Manorway, Coryton from its junction with Rookery Hill for a distance of approximately 1.2km
2) The purpose of the Order is to facilitate footway improvement works.
3) In this Order:
(i) the lay-by from its junction with Rookery Hill is defined as the lay-by approximately 8m from the westernmost junction of Rookery Hill
(ii) the lay-by opposite the junction with Pacific Avenue is defined as the lay-by approximately 140m distance from the easternmost junction with Rookery Hill
(iii) the lay-by opposite the junction with Atlantic Avenue is defined as the lay-by approximately 975m distance from its easternmost junction of Rookery Hill
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 28 February 2022 at 8am and remain in force continuously until Friday 29 April 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.