Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 068, 2019
The Manorway, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the eastbound on slip from Dunstable roundabout
- prohibit any vehicle travelling eastbound along The Manorway between the Dunstable roundabout off slip and The Sorrels
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing to be carried out by Thurrock Council
3) The alternative route for vehicles wishing to travel will be Southend Road, the westbound on slip, westbound The Manorway, Stanford Road, London Road, and Corringham Road. Vehicles travelling from The Manorway interchange will follow the diversion via Stanford Road, London Road and Corringham Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 20 June 2019 until Friday 21 June 2019 between the hours of 21:00 and 05:00. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.