Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 178, 2023
Marshfoot Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Marshfoot Road from its junction with St Chads Road for a distance of approximately 200m in a west direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent maintenance to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route is as per the diversion signs on site. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 29 August 2023 and will be valid for 21 days, however, it is expected that the works will be completed by Monday 4 September 2023 at 5pm. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.