Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 012, 2022
Marshfoot Road, Chadwell St Mary and Station Road, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling in both directions along Marshfoot Road from its junction with The Gateway Academy Roundabout for a distance of approximately 360m in a westerly direction
- temporarily revoke the 7.5t weight restriction on Station Road, East Tilbury
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles A1089 southbound, Asda Roundabout, St Andrews Road, Ferry Road, Fort Road, Coopers Shaw Road, Church Road, Station Road, Princess Margaret Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road and Chadwell Hill and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 22 February 2022 at 9pm and will be in force nightly between the hours of 9pm and 5am until Thursday 24 February 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.