Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 029, 2020
Marshfoot Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Marshfoot Road, Grays, between its junction with the off and on slip of the A1089 for approximately 200m in an easterly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for those wishing to exit the A1089 onto Marshfoot Road, the diversion is A1089, Dock Road (Tilbury), Calcutta Road, St Chads Road, Marshfoot Road and for those wishing to enter the A1089 southbound from Marshfoot Road, the diversion is Old Dock Approach RAB, A1089, A13 westbound, Stifford interchange, A13 eastbound, A1089. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 26 April 2020 for one day. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. Access will be maintained for the Petrol Station.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.