Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 222, 2023
Mill Road, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Mill Road in both directions from a point approximately 75m north of its junction with High Street for a distance of approximately 30m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Anglian Water to break out and replace an inspection chamber frame and cover in the carriageway.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is High Street, Stifford Road, Lance Corporal Nicky Mason Way, Romford Road roundabout, and Mill Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 4 January 2024 at 7pm. Works are currently scheduled to take place on Thursday 4 January 2024 between the hours of 7pm to 11pm. Exact dates, however, will always be specified on https://one.network/. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.