Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 091, 2023
Moore Avenue and East Street, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
i) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Moore Avenue from its junction with London Road for approximately 10m in a north direction
ii) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along East Street from its junction with London Road for a distance of approximately 10m in a south direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route is as below:
i) Moore Avenue – for northbound vehicles will be westbound on London Road and Palmerston Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles
ii) East Street – for southbound vehicles will be eastbound on London Road and Gumley Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Thursday 13 April 2023 and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Thursday 20 April 2023 at 5pm. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.