Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 11, 2018
Mucking Wharf Road Level Crossing, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Mucking Wharf Road, 10m either side of the Level Crossing.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out maintenance to the Level Crossing.
3) There will be no alternative route as this is a no through road.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 17 February 2018 at 01:05hrs continuously to Sunday 18 February 2018 until at 02:50hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.