Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 192, 2023
Muckingford Road, Linford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Muckingford Road, Linford in both directions for a distance of 476m from its junction with Hoford Road in an east or west direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable BT to carry out emergency cabling/access to restore service.
4) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, A126 Marshfoot Road, A1089 northbound, A13 eastbound, Orsett Cock interchange, A1013 Stanford Road eastbound, Buckingham Hill Road, East Tilbury Road and Muckingford Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 10:30am on Tuesday 12 September 2023, it is anticipated that the works will be completed by Thursday 14 September 2023. Although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.