Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 027, 2020
North Road, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along North Road, South Ockendon, between its junctions with Nelson Road and West Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UKPN to install a new electrical supply.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is West Road, Dennis Road, Dennises Lane, Stubbers Lane, Ockendon Road (B1421), North Road (B186) and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 26 April 2020 for one day. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. Access will be maintained for the Petrol Station.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.