Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 201, 2023
North Road, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
prohibit any vehicles from travelling along North Road, South Ockendon in both directions from a point approximately 653m South of its junction with Cheelson Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out urgent repairs to Low Voltage mains cable.
4) For the alternative route, follow diversion signs on site.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 8:30am on Tuesday 19 September 2023, it is anticipated that the works will be completed by Tuesday 19 September 2023. Although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.