Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 145, 2023
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Oakway between its junctions with Elmway and Fairway
- prohibit any vehicle exiting Meadow Road into Oakway
- prohibit any vehicle parking during times of the order along the north and south kerb lines of Oakway for its entire length
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway preparation and micro surfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles on Oakway is Fairway northbound, Whitmore Avenue eastbound and Elmway and vice versa for westbound vehicles. The alternative route into Meadow Road from Oakway will be to access and exit Meadow Road from Blackthorn Road. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 14 August 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm, weekdays only, until Monday 21 August 2023 at 5pm. The works will be completed in 3 sections with residents being advised by site staff which section is being worked on in order for vehicles to be moved. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.