Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 004, 2020
Old Brentwood Road, by Lofthall Farm
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling southbound along Old Brentwood Road between Lofthall Farm and Brentwood Road.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out a new water connection.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is northbound on Old Brentwood Road turning right onto Brentwood Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 11 February 2020 for three days. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.