Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 047, 2020
Old Church Hill, Langdon Hills
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Old Church Hill, Langdon Hills
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out overhead and underground cabling works along with tree cutting where necessary.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is South Hill, Laindon Road and Lower Dunton Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 26 May 2020 until Thursday 28 May 2020 daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.