Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
On-Street Virtual Permit
1) Notice is hereby given that Thurrock Borough Council, in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 1-4, 45, 46, 49, 51, 53 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ("the 1984 Act") and of all other enabling powers and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 to the 1984 Act, intends to make the above named Order ("the Proposed Order").
2) The general effect of the Order would be to:
a) introduce Virtual Permits for designated On-Street Permit Parking Places or Areas in Thurrock
b) introduce Virtual Dispensations for On-Street restrictions and prohibitions in Thurrock
c) to allow checking of a Valid Permit or Dispensation for a parked vehicle by means of a hand-held device and an electronic database approved by the Council as an alternative to displaying a Valid Permit or Dispensation Ticket in the vehicle when parked in an On-Street Permit Parking Place, Area, Restriction or Prohibition
d) Permit Parking Areas included are as follows:
- Grays – A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, BD
- Ockendon – SO1
- Purfleet-on-Thames – P1, P2
- Stanford-le-Hope – SLH-A, SLH-B, SLH-C
- Tilbury – T1, T2A, T2B, T2C, T3, T4
3) A copy of the Proposed Order can be obtained from the Transport Development team by contacting us on 01375 652 652 during normal office hours or alternatively via Thurrock Council's website at thurrock.gov.uk/publicnotices
4) Any comments to the proposed order must be made in writing, giving the grounds on which it is made and sent to the following address Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL or sent via email to email@example.com to arrive on or before 3 March 2022.