Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 22, 2018
One Tree Hill, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along One Tree Hill, Stanford-le-Hope between Keepers Cottage, Southend Road and Dry Street, Langdon Hills.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT Openreach to carry out maintenance works.
3) The alternative route for Northbound vehicles is via B1420 Southend Road; A176 Link Road from B1420 and Bells Corner; A176 Nether Mayne; Dry Street and vice versa for Southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 21 March 2018 until Friday 23 March 2018 between 09.30hrs and 15.30hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.