Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 092, 2022
Orsett Road, Argyll Road, Derby Road, Cromwell Road, High Street, Hogg Lane and London Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intend to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the A126 (Hogg Lane, London Road, Orsett Road) between its junctions with Eastern Way roundabout and Stanley Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along High Street from its junction with London Road/Orsett Road for a distance of approximately 25m
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left out of Argyll Road onto A126 Hogg Lane
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left out of Derby Road onto Orsett Road
- prohibit any vehicle from turning right out of Cromwell Road onto Orsett Road
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left out of Stanley Road onto Orsett Road
- prohibit any vehicle from using the Loading Bay at the junction of Orsett Road and High Street throughout the duration of the works
- prohibit any vehicle from using the service road on Orsett Road into High Street
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time on the south kerb line of Orsett Road from outside number 8 for a distance of approximately 45m in a westerly direction
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time in the lay-by on the northern kerb line of Orsett Road between its junctions with Brooke Road and Titan Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles onto Hogg Lane into London Road will be Northbound on A1012 Hogg Lane, A1012 Elizabeth Road, Treacle Mine roundabout, Lodge Lane eastbound and Hathaway Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles onto Orsett Road. Vehicle access to Quarry Hill will be maintained via the use of gatemen with access only for residents, businesses and police as well exit from Brooke Road. Access to other businesses and residents will be maintained.
4) In this Order:
(i) the lay-by between its junctions with Brooke Road and Titan Road is defined at as the lay-by approximately 10m east from the junction of Brooke Road for a distance of approximately 20m in an easterly direction
5) The Order will come into force on Sunday 3 July 2022 and Sunday 10 July 2022 between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
6) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
7) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.