Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 042, 2021
Orsett Road, Gordon Road and Victoria Road, Horndon on the Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- close Orsett Road at its junction with High Road, Horndon on the Hill
- prohibit vehicles from travelling in a southerly direction along Gordon Road
- prohibit traffic from travelling in a northerly direction along Victoria Road
2) The Purpose of Order is for reasons of safety, to reduce the risk of congestion and maintain the free flow of traffic through the village.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles will be northbound on Gordon Road, Hillcrest Road, and North Hill. The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be High Road, Hillcrest Road, southbound along Victoria Road. With the prohibitions on Gordon Road and Victoria Road, this creates a temporary one way system, north along Gordon Road and then south on Victoria Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses in Orsett Road at all times.
4) The Order will come into force at various times starting from Friday 12 March 2021 and on any subsequent weekend when the A13 is closed. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.