Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 035, 2020
Orsett Road, Horndon on the Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Orsett Road, Horndon, from its junction with A128 for approximately 28m eastwards
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out drainage works.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is A128, Doesgate Lane, Lower Dunton Road, North Hill, Hillcrest Road, Gordon Road and Orsett Road, and vice versa for westbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 4 May 2020 for 4 days between the hours of 8am and 5pm daily. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the scheduled times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.