Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 094, 2022
Orsett Road, Horndon on the Hill
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Orsett Road in both directions from its junctions with High Road and Francis Close
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to install a BT Duct and Box.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Victoria Road, Hillcrest Road and High Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 4 July 2022 at 8am and will remain in force continuously until Tuesday 12 July 2022 at 6pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.