Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 107, 2018
Portsea Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Portsea Road between numbers 24 and 44.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UK Power Network engineers to carry out installation of a new electric supply to a property.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Brennan Road, Byron Gardens, Galsworthy Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 26 November 2018 at 08:00hrs until Friday 30 November 2018 at 17:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.