Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 098, 2022
Public Footpath 144, Fort Road to The Beeches, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any users from travelling along Footpath 144 from The Beeches to Fort Road
2) The purpose of this Order is for reasons of safety whilst Network Rail carry out renewal works on the overhead lines above the rail crossing.
3) An alternative route cannot be provided.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 3 July 2022 at 1am and remain in force continuously until 4 July 2022 at 3am and then again on Sunday 17 July 2022 at 1am and remain in force continuously until Monday 18 July 2022 at 3am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.