Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 14, 2018
Rectory Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Rectory Road from its junction with 33a Lodge Lane to the junction of No. 267/269 Rectory Road, Grays.
2) The purpose of the Order is to carry out emergency repairs to an electrical fault.
3) The alternative route is A1013 Lodge Lane, Southend Road, Chadwell Road; and Rectory Road. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 2 February 2018 until Monday 5 February 2018 between 09:00hrs to 17:00hrs with the road remaining closed after these hours. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.