Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 222, 2022
Rectory Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Rectory Road between its junctions with Chadwell Road and Boscombe Avenue
3) The purpose of the Notice is for the safety of road users due to an emergency adjacent to the highway.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be Dock Road westbound, Broadway, Whitehall Lane and Chadwell Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Thursday 22 December 2022 at 11am. The notice will be valid for 21 days however it is expected that the works will be completed sooner. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.