Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 026, 2022
Romford Road, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Romford Road from its junction with Aveley By-pass Roundabout for a distance of approximately 413m in a northerly direction
- prohibit any vehicles from exiting onto Romford Road from Shannon Way
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Sandy Lane, New Road A1306, Launders Lane, Warwick Lane, Aveley Road and Romford Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Vehicles wishing to access the roads south of Shannon Way will use the main diversion and then the northern entrance of Usk Road, Tamar Drive, Shannon Way and Nethan Drive. Vehicles south of Shannon Way wishing to exit onto Romford Road need to use Tamar Drive and Usk Road and then follow main diversion. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 26 February 2022 at 8am for one day until 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.